To get the best out of online poker you need to know the poker hands. Poker is all about the value of cards that you have in your hand. Therefore, to get best out of the online casino game we will gladly assist you by telling you all about the poker hands. These are the same hands for whatever version of poker that you play. However, their ranking may differ from variation to variation, but they are still the same poker hands.
How many Poker hands?
A standard game of poker of poker is played with a 1-card deck comprising of 52 cards. From that deck, there are 10 possible poker hands. Allow us to illustrate below:
Ranked from Highest to Lowest
- Royal Flush– This is the highest poker hand. Furthermore, nothing can beat a Royal Flush, however, it is one of the rarest to achieve in a game. It comprises of 5 cards of the same suit. The cards are Ace; King; Queen; Jack; 10. These cards make up a Royal flush.
- Straight Flush– In this set of cards, one needs to have 5 cards in consecutive order. Moreover, these cards are to be of the same suit. For example 8; 7; 6; 5; 4 all of which our
- Four of a Kind-The next poker hand that we look at is the Four of a Kind. This hand comprises of 4 cards of the same rank and any other card. For instance: All four Queens and a 7 of hearts. The 5th card can be any random card.
- Full House: This hand is a combination of 3 cards of the same rank and a pair. E.g. a 10 of hearts, spades, and diamonds, as well as a pair of 9’s.
- Flush: The Flush is very different from the Royal Flush. In the Flush, you have 5 cards of the same suit in any random order. For instance, a 4; 7; 9; 2; Jack all of spades.
- Straight: These are five cards in a sequence but of different suits. For example 8 of hearts, 7 of spades, 6 of diamonds; 5 of clubs; and a 4 of clubs or any other suit.
- Three of a Kind: This hand has 3 hands of the same rank and two random cards. Take for instance three 9’s and an Ace as well a 3.
- Two Pair: This hand has 2 different pairs and a random card as the 5th. E.g. a pair of 9’s, 5’s, and a 3.
- Pair: With this hand, a player will have a pair and three other cards. For instance a pair of Jacks and a 6; 3; 9 of any suit.
High Card: If you have not been successful to make any of the above-mentioned hands, your hand will be ranked on the highest card that you have.